Holy Hour, Thursday, 24th May—7.30 p.m. in St. Mary’s.
Adoration in St. Mary’s (transferred from Adoration Chapel) on
Friday, 25th May from after 10.00 a.m. Mass until 10.00 p.m.
Congratulations to all the children who have received Holy Communion
for the first time including the Six children from Community N.S.,
who will receive Holy Communion for the First Time today,
at 12 noon Mass in St. Mary’s Church
1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection.—
3. The Second Collection today is— the Annual Irish Bishops Services and Agencies Collection which will be taken up at all Masses. This collection goes to fund services covering Catechetics, Education, Accord, CURA, Emigrants, Family and Marriage, Veritas, Missions, Trocaire, Permanent Diaconate, Pastoral Renewal / Adult Faith Development and Religious Vocations.
4. Alzheimer Society of Ireland - Annual Tea Day, today, 20th May, 10.30 a.m.—1.30 p.m. in St. Mary’s Day Centre., Mallow. All welcome. Whatever is made locally stays local.
5. Mallow Active Retirement—visit to Spike Island, Thurs., 24th May—if interested ring Mike on 087 9056006 or Margaret on 087 6725369.
6. All Ireland Rosary Rally, Knock Shrine, Sat.,2nd June. Bus dep. Church of Resurrection 7.15 am. St. Mary’s Church 7.30 a.m. Details Marjorie 087 2823631, Mary 022 27631.
7. Getting Married—for an approved Pre-Marriage Course see www.accord.ie
8. Rosary nightly during May, 8 p.m.—Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, Muddy Hill. All welcome.
9. Catholic newspapers are on sale after Mass
10. Confidential help for Alcohol, Drug and Family problems—contact Anchor on 022 42559.
The Annual Procession of the Blessed Sacrament will take place on Thursday 31st May. Mass in St. Mary’s at 7.30 p.m. Procession will begin after Mass—down Main Street over the Bridge for Benediction in the Church of the Resurrection. It would be very much appreciated if the homes and the route could be suitably decorated for the occasion. Please God we will have a fine evening so you can all come out and join in the Procession
“In my 40 years of practice I’ve seen many difficult cases
but I’ve never felt the 8th Amendment
had a negative impact on the safe practice of medicine”
Dr. John Monaghan
Retired obstetrician and gynaecologist
Youth 2000—Prayer Meeting
Will run fortnightly in sacristyof Church of the Resurrection
2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 7—9 p.m.
The prayer meeting is geared towards young people aged 15—35
and consists of Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary, Reflection on the Gospel and Social. All welcome.
Anyone interested in supporting the cause for the unborn
may do so by doing a Holy Hour in the
Adoration Chapel, 3—4 and 8—9 p.m.
Every Tuesday up to the Referendum.
"Life is a precious gift, but we realize this only when we give ourselves to others".
Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to
Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes, 1st — 6th June.
Diocesan Pilgrimage to Fatima, 11th — 18th Sept.
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s. Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory 2018
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC